I really enjoy our NYE tradition of staying in. I love the idea of ending the year with the people I love most without worrying about dealing with drunk drivers and the mess that NYE brings. Most of the time we open a bottle of champagne and thats about it for the drinking. This year we brought out a bottle - but didn't open it. (probably because I'm pregnant and not drinking right now) I actually have figured out that I prefer to end the year clear headed.
This year we started a new tradition of fondue. We did a cheese fondue that was AWESOME and a white chocolate with Amaretto for dessert. The kids also requested something more substantial to go with it so I made some buffalo chicken wings. I have to admit - they turned out pretty delicious. Zach and Travis (Ashley's boyfriend) devoured them.
![]() |
| Frying that chick until it's crispy brown |
![]() |
| The drench it with some home made buffalo sauce - add lots of extra tabasco to make it HOT! |
| The Fondue and Wings Spread before the vultures attacked. |
| So yummy! |
![]() |
| The cheese was Gruyere & Swiss with white wine and a few secret ingredients. |
![]() |
| Look at that happy college student - with a full plate! |
| A few selfies and a New Years kiss! |
| Mommy & Sissy |
![]() |
| Little man was not happy with the loud fireworks |
![]() |
| Ashley and her sweet boyfriend Travis. |
After we ate we watched the Chick Fil A Bowl. The Aggies played Duke. Man - that game about gave us a heart attack. The Aggies were pathetic in the first half - but after a good ass kicking in the locker room - came out guns blazing and BTHO Duke. The screen shot of the guy below says it all - that was how most of the Duke fans looked after the last interception and touchdown. Hahahaha! We laughed so hard at him during the live game - so Ash went and found a screen shot of him online. Hilarious!
| Go with Bob says Whyyyyy???!!! |
We ended the night with an amazing firework show. Chad bought several hundred dollars worth but our neighbors go all out. They start as soon as the sun sets and shoot them off all night and at midnight do an amazing finale. Brayden was not a fan so we did a few small ones while he was awake and saved the big ones for after he went to bed. Unfortunately as midnight approached it got a little too loud and woke him up. Chad and I opened his blinds and sat with him in his room and watched the grand finale at midnight from there. It was actually very sweet and special. The three of us were cuddled together as we said goodbye to 2013 and shared a special New Years kiss to welcome 2014. This was the 15th New Years Eve that I have spent with Chad. I am so lucky that I get to spend every day with my best friend - but I feel even more lucky on nights like this night. I know not many people have the kind of relationship and marriage I have. I thank God every single day and consider myself to be very blessed.
Happy New Year to each of you! Here's to many more blessings in 2014!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.